Welcome to my book cover design site. My goal is to provide you with a professional cover for your self-published book — quickly, and at a very reasonable price. When you wander over to the gallery, you’ll see that I’ve created a collection of covers for you to take a look at. If you see a cover that you might like to use to show off your book, contact me and I’ll work with you to make it look just the way you want it.
First, you’ll need to decide what kind of cover you’d like: for an ebook, you might just want the front cover. If you are providing a print-on-demand option, you’ll need a cover, spine, and back (a ‘wrap’).
Prices are listed in the gallery, and already include:
- Any purchased artwork I used (such as stock images).
- An hour of my time — plenty to add your title, name, and any text you might want. If you request changes that might require more than an hour, I’ll let you know ahead of time . I’ll bill additional time at $50 per hour.
- A publisher-ready cover or wrap, and a thumbnail version of the cover. I can also send you a black-and-white copy if you’d like, to ensure that the art looks great on black-and-white reading devices.
How to Buy
- Find a cover you like! An hour of my work is included in the listed price, so a minor change such as color, font, or book geometry aren’t likely to result in extra cost (and I’ll warn you before it does).
- Decide on the dimensions of your book. I design the covers for 5x8 inches, but we can change that as you need.
- Finalize your title, author name, and any other text you might want added such as a tagline, a summary, or reviews.
- Decide on a publisher (or multiple publishers) for your book — I’ve worked with CreateSpace, for example, for print-on-demand.
- Your publisher(s) will provide you with options for printing which will affect the artwork dimensions. CreateSpace, for example, gives you options for paper type and color. I’ll need to know those options to properly size the artwork for you.
- Send me a request to buy the cover — you’ll find the ‘buy’ button after you click on a gallery thumbnail.
- I’ll respond quickly so we can start working together get the artwork ready to submit, and I’ll work quickly to send you a proof. We’ll work together until you decide it’s ready!
- I’ll send you an invoice and payment information.
- I’ll send you the final artwork for submission, and make sure you’ve been able to submit it successfully.
I’m a stickler for privacy on the web! Here’s the very minimal information I collect from you:
- Email address
- Phone number (optional, but sometimes helpful)
I will never send you unsolicited email.
If you like my style but don’t find exactly what you’re looking for in the covers I've already designed, then please contact me; I’ll be happy to talk about creating a custom design with you. If you’d like any other design work done in connection with your book cover (e.g. bookmarks), I’ll be happy to talk with you about the project.
Thanks for visiting! Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.